Wednesday, February 9, 2011

25 years old.

I had a birthday yesterday. I turned 25. Again.

The day "looked" more foreboding in the morning than it turned out to be, which is a good thing. I am fine with having a birthday, it was just that my husband is out of town, Corbin is on antibiotics for the strep and pneumonia and Brooke had a fever and cough on the night of 2/7. Then there was a 2 hour delay for school, so it was like I wasn't going to have any real time to do anything for myself. My friend Sara was all set to come over for lunch with her kids, but with Brooke being sick, I was pretty sure that wasn't going to happen.

As it turned out, Brooke woke up absolutely fine (no fever, really no cough and just feeling great), so Sara came over with Jonah and Aryah, and we visited for the morning and had lunch together. I dropped Brooke off at school since she was feeling great, and Jonah rode with us to school.

When the kids got home, we got around and headed out to The Lost Dog Cafe, since I've never been, but it's got really great reviews. As I backed out, I got the van STUCK in the driveway. I mean really stuck. I wasn't sure exactly what to do.

I got out and looked, and the only thing to do, apparently, was to shovel. So I had to shovel the tire out of the snow, which has now turned to ice on the top layer. It took about 15 minutes of me shoveling around the whole thing, but I did finally manage to get it shoveled out enough that I was able to back out. I am buff and the stuff!! I was thinking it's a good thing I work out as much as I do, or I'd never have the stamina to keep shoveling at that rate.

We went to the Lost Dog, and to be honest I was very unimpressed. The atmosphere was cool, but the food was moderate. The kids both had mac and cheese, and it said that it was a creamy cheddar. I was expecting something like velveeta shells and cheese. As it turned out, it was like dry, baked macaroni and cheese. Neither of them liked it.

I got the NY Strip steak, which I should have known better because I'm a steak snob, but it wasn't that great. It was okay with a LOT of salt. And then, it was just "okay".  The mashed potatoes were lumpy. The asparagus was okay though. That's the best I can say about it. I shan't be going back again.

After that, we were going to go bowling, but the leagues ruined it. They always ruin it. Unless you're going to go during the day when everyone is generally at work or school, you can't get in to bowl EVER. So we went home and I made my birthday cheesecake, and the kids licked the beaters.

I went to my parents house on the 7th for my dads (and my) birthday. My mom made me a scarf, which I'm totally excited about, because I haven't had a scarf since I was a kid! And I really needed one. They also got me a pair of boots and one of those cash gift cards (the ones that look like a credit card). Which I love. :n)

I got lots of birthday wishes, and Tim sent me flowers with a balloon attached, so that was nice. It was overall a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Happy happy birthday!!! (yesterday)

    It was so sweet of Tim to send you flowersss!!

    I'm glad you had a good day :o)

    Sorry to hear about Corbin :o( That's rough. Rayce has had a few days like that too, but I don't want him thinking he can stay home just because, so I've made him go. I'm glad Corbin decided to go after all.

    I'm sure this first separation from Tim will be the hardest, it should come a little easier each time.

    Love you Amy!!

    ReplyDelete