Corbin is home sick today. He had a fever of 102 this morning.
I knew it was coming yesterday. He was complaining that he didn't feel good, and that he had a headache. He had coughed a few times during the day, too. He was sure he wasn't going to school this morning. And he started crying because he wanted a glass of water (which he never indicated to me). Of course when I took his temperature, it was obvious that I couldn't send him to school.
I gave him some ibuprofin. He's "acting" fine. I'm hoping it's just a 24 hour thing. Three days off in a row is enough. And tomorrow is Friday, so then it's going to be another 2 days off. I'm sick of being stuck in the house.
Brooke seems to be fine, though. She'll be going to school. Corbin asked me if he could stay home while I drop Brooke off at school today. He said he'd take really good care of the dogs for me. lol I told him that it's illegal, but that I wouldn't leave him alone anyway, because it's my job to take care of both of them until they are old enough to know exactly what to do in every situation by themselves. I told him maybe when he's 13 or so.
We did manage to get both kids rooms clean this morning. I forget how nasty that toy room is until I have to open the door to it. It stinks so bad in there! I can't wait to get it completely empty and scrub it and paint it. It's that room, too. When it was Corbin's room, it smelled that way, and I thought it was him. But I cleaned it and it still smelled that way in a couple days. It needs to be completely scrubbed and painted. I think that will fix it. I told the kids that we need to get rid of most of the toys in there. I said that this spring, we'll have a yard sale, and if they really pick lots of toys to sell and really really only keep the toys that they really really play with, then we'll put all of our yard sale money towards a vacation this summer. They were happy about that.
Tim is coming back the night of the 12th, so that's only 9 more days! We all can't wait! I was telling him last night that if he were only gone for 2 weeks like he was supposed to originally be, he'd only be gone for 4 days before we were counting down from 10. I'm hoping that 2 weeks feels like it goes a lot faster than 3 weeks did.
Dharma is doing excellent with housebreaking. :n) We went 2 days with no accidents. Yesterday she did have one, but it was my fault; I didn't take them out again in the morning in time. This morning, both dogs "performed well" outside first thing. :n) I'm really happy with how both of them are doing. I'm confident that by the end of this summer there won't be any accidents anymore. I feel like a great deal of the issue is the weather. Once Dharma gets outside in the warm weather, she's going to love it. In fact my concern is that she's going to do like LeeLoo did and take off into the pastures. But she listens well. There was once when she went out into the driveway and towards the road, but she came right back when I called her.
My birthday lunch is only in 2 more days!! I'm excited! It's going to be so nice to visit with my friends. :n)
Corbin's birthday is coming along well. It would be nice if everyone would RSVP. I think the only person to do so was Bonnie without me asking, even though I specifically slipped a note in there asking parents to RSVP. I guess it's not that big of a deal; if they show up and there are more than 20 kids, I can pay for the extra kids that day. I bought enough for 30 goodie bags. I also bought 30 lunchables and about 70 bottled waters, and I bought a bunch of those kool-aid packets and some lemonade packets, so everyone should have something to drink. I'm going to have to order Papa John's to deliver there. The lunchables are for the kids, and I'll get pizzas for the adults. (some kids can have pizza too, if they want, but it's mainly for the adults because grownups don't generally want to eat lunchables.)
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment