My poor kid.
His temp this morning was 102. I gave him some motrin. It was the last dose. At around 11AM I felt him and he was warm. Again, he was 102. I gave him some Tylenol. In an hour and a half I felt him and he was burning up. I took his temp and it was 104.4!!
I called the pediatrician and got the answering service, and had them page someone. I set up an appointment for 3:10. I took Brooke to school and Corbin to the store for more Motrin and for some dinner and popsicles. I gave him another dose of Motrin at 1. I gotta give "mad props" to "my moms" for coming to our rescue and getting Brooke off the bus for me! Thanks, Neen!
At the doctor's office, he didn't even feel warm (of course).
Cute story; there's a human ear thingy in the office, and he asked me where the smallest bone in the ear (it's called the "stape", pronounced staypee) is. I told him to ask the doctor when he comes in. Then he asked me if the tube goes to the brain. I told him, again, to ask the doctor. When the doctor came in, he asked him. He was sooo impressed. :n)
Anyway, after chatting with the doctor (they never take temps in that office; I guess they care about how the child is acting, rather than the actual temp), and he checked him out.
Prognosis:
The beginning of pneumonia in his right lung, as well as strep throat.
:n( Poor boy. He kept saying that the pneumonia was making him feel like a zombie.
He's acting fine, though. I mean, he's acting sick, but no worse than any other time. He's his usual sick self. He isnt' coughing much, either. He was VERY upset at the strep test. Poor, poor kid. That test hasn't changed since I was a kid. They stick the giant q-tip down your throat. :n(
Anyhow, it's been a long, stressful day for all of us!
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor Corbin! I hope he feels better!!!
ReplyDeleteBTW...as a child who had numerous go arounds with strep...I hate the strep test!!!