Monday, September 20, 2010

Long time, still keeping busy

I realize that it once again has been quite a while since I last updated (nearly a week!) but it's, again, because we've just really been keeping busy.

I'm not sure how it is that I have one kid in school full time and one in half the day and yet I'm busier being a stay at home mom now than I ever was before, but it's true! And honestly, it's not necessarily with anything particularly exciting, either. Just lots of stuff to be doing.

This past weekend the kids stayed with my parents. I really wanted to go to the potato festival with everyone, but I couldn't, because we were working on getting Corbin's new room done for him as a surprise. And BOY was he surprised! :n) His reaction was great. :n)

I took a video, but of course it won't load. :n/





We went out to Tony's and bowling with Bonnie and Jason over the weekend. It was fun! Tim was a pessimist about the whole thing, per usual, but he did actually have a good time, and even told the he'd like to do it again sometime, so that was nice. :n) I'm sure we will be going out with them again sometime.

 Corbin got paperwork back from school on Friday saying that they retested his speech and that he needs no further evaluation or help, so that's good. I did work on getting him to practice saying his L sounds more often. He knows how to say them, he's just a little lazy about it.

Brooke has been doing well with her toilet use. She said she didn't have any accidents at my parent's house, and they didn't tell me about any, and I'm sure they would have, so she did good. Then last night there were a few little marbles of poop on the bathroom floor, and some skid marks in her underwear, so she did obviously have some sort of an accident, but it couldn't have been major. She didn't get her sticker last night because of that, but otherwise, really she's been doing excellent. The accidents are happening further and further apart, and when she does have them, they are almost always when she's just waited too long, and not because she's just not bothering to get up and go; they happen exclusively in the bathroom at this point.

Our morning routine is going quite well. I'm still not thrilled about getting up at 5AM to excercise, but I do like being all done with everything before the kids are out of bed. Well, not everything... but having that large chuink of cardio done is a plus. Brooke and I have been doing homeschool in the morning, and then I do yoga right after that, usually around 10:30, and sometimes she joins me, sometimes she goes upstairs to watch a movie. I was waiting until I dropped her off at school to do yoga, but this works out much better for me, so that if I have to go to the store or do somet errands, I don't have to work around doing yoga. I've also started recording Dr. Phil and Oprah, so my plan is to watch those while the kids are both at school on the days when I don't have a lot to do. It's an odd amount of time to fill; I don't have enough time to do anything major, but it's too much time to just sit and do nothing.

(Still waiting for that video to finish loading; I wish it would hurry up, or at least tell me how much longer!)

Brooke had her dentist appointment last Friday, and it went well. I didn't hear about any cavities, so that's good.

She also had snack day on Friday, and it was Yellow Day, as well as Corbin's first show and tell day, and the day that they were being dropped off at my parents house, so we had a lot going on.

Since it was yellow day, Brooke was of course dressed in yellow (so was Corbin; it was yellow day for him, too), and the hygenist was wearing all yellow scrubs. She came out and told me that Brooke said, "How did you know it was lellow day?" She said it made her day. :n)  And also, since it was yellow day and her snack day, I brought in bananas (each with a sticker on, courtesy of yours truly), and lemonade, and white cheddar cheez its. All yellow snacks. :n)

Okay, it's getting kind of late, and we have Keri and William coming over to visit today. Can't wait to see them! And I still have a bunch of stuff to do. I guess I'll have to leave the computer alone for a while until this stupid video loads. (GR!)

1 comment: