Friday, September 3, 2010

Goings-on of late; plenty of boring "mom" stuff if you're interested.

I woke up this morning and rubbed the crap out of my eyes, and went to look in the mirror. I'm pretty sure I have pink eye. It wasn't all mucky and disgusting with my eyelids glued shut, it was just "normalish" eye crap. But my left eye had remained "pink" all morning. It doesn't feel like anything; itchy or burning or anything. I put some Visine in it a few minutes ago.

I still have pinkeye medication, but I don't want to put it in if I don't really need it. The problem though, is that I have a wedding to go to tomorrow, and if I DO need it, I want it gone. I guess it won't "hurt" to use it. I'll probably just put some in. I dunno I just looked at it and the Visine cleared up the redness pretty well, and it's not draining. It looks fine. :nb We'll see how it goes.

A while back I posted an ad on Craigslist for the furniture that I have upstairs in the room that will at some point be Corbin's room. I posted the ad as $50 to take the chair, loveseat and ottoman. I posted that they are well used, and have stains. I posted pictures. I forgot I posted them. Yesterday I got an email asking about them, and she asked if I'd take $35 for the set. So I said I would, because honestly I just want to get them out of there more than I want to make money, and if someone will come and remove them and I'm the one making the money and not the salvation army, then great. :n) So she's supposed to come tonight to pick them up.

Yesterday I was feeling a little ambitious. I have had this idea for a while to help me with meal planning and grocery shopping. I wanted to get a subscription to Aisle by Aisle, which is a program online that organizes your grocery list by the aisles in the store, so that you don't have to constantly backtrack. You just walk, aisle by aisle (as the name suggests) through the store, and pick up the items that you need without having to walk backwards and say, "Oh crap I forgot XYZ".

A long time ago, I had downloaded a freeware that had that on it, and it was awesome! I loved it! But Tim dumped my computer and I don't have it anymore and can't find it anywhere. :n/ Aisle By Aisle was only $7 for a one year subscription (or $24 for life) so I bought a year of it. It also helps you keep track of coupons, which is really nice.

I also signed up for the paper (again) after I just canceled it (I know, that was dumb), to start getting the sunday coupons. Now that both kids will be away every afternoon for a few hours, it gives me some time to make grocery lists and sort coupons and go shopping.

The other aspect of my "plan" that I completed yesterday was to make out lists of common items that should stay basically "stocked" for different areas of the house. For example, the fridge should always have milk, butter, eggs, cheese, etc. The pantry should always have rice, cereal, canned fruits/veggies. The bathrooms should always have toilet paper, band-aids, toothpaste. You get the idea. I started making out lists a while back, and didn't do anything with them. So yesterday I made the lists, and put them into clear sheet protectors. I hung them up on the insides of the cupboards of each area (except the fridge, that one is on the fridge) and put a dry erase marker on the shelf next to the list. When we run out of something, Tim or I (supposedly) will circle it on the list. Before I go grocery shopping, I'll check all of the lists and write down whatever is missing, write it into aisle by aisle, and then I can erase the circle from around the item. (dry erase markers work excellently on clear sheet protectors!) Theres also a decent amount of room on each sheet, so if I didn't write something on the list itself and we need it, someone can write it in. Tim is cool with it. In fact, he was having fun circling the bathroom stuff that we need. :n) I have a list on the fridge, in the cupboard near the sink (for under-the-sink stuff), a cupboard in the pantry (for pantry stuff), in a cupboard by the stove (for spices/baking stuff), and one inside the cupboard in both bathrooms.

I still want to make a small checklist for next to the front door. I have a fear that someone is going to forget something when they go to school. Lunch, more than anything else. So I want to make a checklist that includes backpack, folder, lunch, jacket (for when the weather is still iffy).

I've been getting up every morning at 5 and working out. It's not my favorite, I must admit, but it's not awful I guess. The problem with it is that it's more rushed, but it does get it out of the way early, which is nice. I don't have to worry about feeling guilty leaving the kids alone for such a long amount of time.

I'm still working on losing weight. I went up a little bit last week, but I'm on a steady ride back down again. And I don't mark when I go back up, just so you know. ;n) I always just assume that I'll be back down again in a few days anyway, so there's no point in stressing it by putting a higher number in there. And I'm always right, it always goes back down. ;n)

Tim has been working with me on lifting at night. I changed my routine up so that I'm doing one muscle area focus every night, instead of one long night of upper body and abs, and then one short night of legs. Now it's five short nights per week: Monday: Arms, Tuesday: Legs, Wednesday: Abs, Thursday: Back, Friday: Chest & Shoulders. Neither of us really feels like working out when we are about to start, but I think we both enjoy it once we start. We have a good time together, so that's nice.

I've been really trying to stick to our schedule every evening and morning, and it seems to be working well. I even made lunches for Tim and the kids last night, just to be in the habit of it, and it worked out well. I have been getting the kids and my clothes set out after dinner, giving one kid a bath every night, Brooke gets her sticker for not going in her pants (most of the time), Tim brushes their teeth, I pick out the next day's movie if I need to do that, I make lunches, and then we lift and go to bed. I get up at 5 and do cardio, then shower, the kids get up and have breakfast, we go in and get their teeth brushed, they get themselves dressed and I brush their hair. All in plenty of time before the bus would be here.

I've been trying to stress to Brooke every day that she won't be going to school at the same time as Corbin does. I told her that Corbin will get on the bus and then she'll stay and hang out with mom until after lunch, and then I'd take her to school. I want to make sure that she understands it, because otherwise I know she's going to cry and be very upset when Corbin leaves. I hope she "gets" it.

Since our normal routine has been to go visit my mom on Wednesdays, and now the kids will be in school, we've decided to have dinner together on Wednesday nights. But since school starts Wednesday, I told the kids that they could agree on a special dinner for their first day. I told them that I would make them whatever they wanted, or they could pick someplace to go eat, but they had to agree on it. Of course, they picked McDonalds. So that's where we're all going for dinner on Wednesday.

Tomorrow, as I mentioned, I have a wedding to go to. It's for my friends Simone and Kyle. I'm excited to see them get married. I was there when they met, and I even pushed Kyle to ask Simone to go out on their first date. :n) They went out for Valentine's Day. I really like both of them. It'll be fun to see them finally get married. <3 Tim doesn't want to go, but he never wants to do anything. It's a fancy thing, so I'm not bringing the kids. They'll be at my parent's house for the afternoon.

And then, on Sunday, my parents will have their annual party. Sounds like a lot of people will be coming. I'm sure it will be a fun time for most. ;n)

I recall that I was supposed to go out with Bonnie and Jason the first weekend in September, but it's just not possible this weekend (I hadn't realized what weekend it was!) so text me, Bonnie, so we can set something else up!!!

Okay, I have wasted enough time chronicling al this boring junk. Aren't you glad I haven't blogged more often lately?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not glad you haven't blogged more often :-P

    I like reading your blogs, even though it's just every day stuff. I feel more connected, I like to know what's going on with you guys!!

    Would the 3rd weekend work?? I'll text ya.

    Sounds like you have everything all ready for school!!! I wish I was that prepared :-/

    ReplyDelete