Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mrs. Emmick stopped by

Brooke's teacher (and another teacher, I'm guessing) stopped by. I mean, another person was with her, I assume it was another teacher from Pre K.

Brooke wore her pretty purple dress today. She was thrilled to be wearing a dress, and also that it has a matching hat, because she "loves to be stylish".
They took her picture, which she was happy about :n) and she colored a little picture of a tree, which I guess is going to hang by her hook at school.

The teacher was really nice. I think she'll enjoy herself. They said that Corbin's teacher was going to love it that he can read already, and that she's a great teacher. :n) And they said that his bus driver is one of the nicest there is. Who knows if they were just blowing smoke, but of course they didn't have to say anything at all if the teacher or the bus driver were jerks or something. lol

Brooke really liked the teachers, and can't wait to go to school. And her face lit up when they said she was going to be riding the bus home with her brother starting on her birthday. :n) She acted so surprised, but I've told her that a bunch of times. Maybe she just needed to hear it from someone else. :nb

They mentioned the open house the day before school starts. I don't think it conflicts with Corbin's open house too much; I think there might be a few minutes overlap. I'll be at both, though.

They asked me about potentially being a classroom mom, which I said I'd definitely be interested in. That's not a paid thing, though. But still, I'd be happy to do it. I do want to have some time home alone to get stuff done like grocery shopping and list making done. But I don't think they're asking for an every day thing.

You know, I didn't clean the kids' bathroom. I mean, I straightened it up but I didn't wipe down the counters and scrub the toilet today. And I was going to. But I didn't. I thought, "What are the chances that they're going to ask to use my bathroom?"

Guess what.

LOL I felt so embarrassed. I just went in there and it's not bad, but it's still embarrassing. Oh well, it wasn't a disaster area or anything. I just spent so much time getting the living room and kitchen really spotless, so having the bathroom not be sparkling also makes me feel like she knows I'm a sham. LOL

I have a couple phone calls to make now... I have to call the bus garage to let them know that Corbin will be riding home in the car with me, and that they'll both start riding the bus home on Brooke's birthday. And Corbin's been on my case about calling his dentist to reschedule his appointment; it's during the school day and he doesn't want to miss even a minute. :nb

2 comments:

  1. Girl....just imagine some of the homes these teachers visit. I really don't think most parents put in even a little bit of effort.

    That's great about the homeroom mom thing! That way you will be involved and know what's going on. I remember my mom was one when I was in elementary school (SHOCK< RIGHT?) It wasn't an everyday thing, but I guess it may be different now. Usually it was for parties, special events, and field trips. And you never know...if they think you are an awesome homeroom mom (which I KNOW you will be) it could lead to some type of employment at the school. Why would they hire outside for a position for like an aide or something when they already know what you are all about?
    So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I'm glad the meeting went so well and that the kids are so excited for school to start. They'll loooooove it :o)

    ReplyDelete