I'm going to just get this whine out of the way first.
I'm siiiiiiiick. :n(
lol there, it's done. We had a pretty eventful weekend, so I didn't do my full workouts on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday I just jogged, and on Sunday I only did yoga. I generally work out 7 days a week, and almost every one of those days I do my 3 workouts, but there just wasn't time this weekend. When Tim starts saying that I need to take days off, I always explain to him that I can't, because if I do and then injure myself or get sick the next day and absolutely need a day off, it'll be that much longer until I can work out, and I'll be kicking myself because I took a day off.
So, I have to kick myself, because, even though I didn't actually take a day off, I did do two extremely light days in a row, and I didn't track my calories either day (although I think I still ate pretty sensibly).
Here we are today, and I have a headache, achey skin and joints, sore throat, nausea... the whole nine yards. Awesome that I got sick today after doing barely anything for the past two days. I was determined to still do my workouts today, but after a couple of close calls with my belly, I decided it was best not to push myself.
I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and just tell myself that since my ankle has been really sore for the last week, I really needed a few days of being off of it anyway, and sometimes pausing your workouts and then getting back into the swing of it will kind of jumpstart your metabolism again and make your body confused.
Ideally I'll be all back in it again tomorrow, but for today I'm feeling pretty rotten, and it appears that Brooke is, too.
This morning around 2AM she came downstairs and stood by our bed. I heard something, but I was still really sleepy, and she probably stood there for 2 minutes before I really understood what was going on. I asked her what was wrong and she climbed up on the bed and said she wanted to sleep with us. She was really mumbly so I couldn't understand what she was saying, but it was something about that her mouth was bleeding and that her room is too dark. I think she had a nightmare, and then was scared because she doesn't use a nightlight or anything like that. So I had her go to the bathroom, and then I took her up into her room. We do have a couple of nightlights around the house (I keep them plugged in in case someone has to get up in the night), so I grabbed one and put it in her room, and she was happy and went back to bed.
I, OTOH, noticed that my throat was quite sore at that time. Eww.
Anyhow, Tim did work the weekend, but we still had a lot of stuff to do. Saturday we celebrated Tim's Grandma's birthday (77th), and his cousin Mallory's birthday (23rd). I guess that's 100 years total. I don't know why I just said that. I'm a dork.
We had to go pick up cards for both of them, so when Tim got home, we went to do that. At 4:30 we were supposed to meet everyone at Texas Roadhouse for dinner, so we definitely had a lot of time to kill. We had a late lunch, and then decided to take the kids to African Road Park in Vestal. It wasn't too busy, and I like that park, because it's fenced in, has a good amount to climb on, and they have a pavilion right in front of the parking lot, so if you sit there and watch your kids, you can generally see them wherever they are, and you'd have to be practically trying to ignore them in order for them to get past you into the parking lot.
There were other kids there with their moms, who in essence, were trying to ignore their kids. Their kids had the cedar chips and were piling them into their shirts and bringing them up onto the playground, like on the slide or in the bubble window that is there to look out of. It really annoys me, because there were other kids there who want to play (like mine), but they can't play with the stuff that has chips all over it, because I was taking them to dinner right aftwards.
The second that I saw Brooke start to play with the cedar chips on the ground, I yelled at her, loudly, "Brooke don't play with the cedar chips, leave them on the ground. They aren't there to be played with." Do you think any of the other mother's felt inclined to follow suit? You'd think wrong. They all ignored me and their own kid and kept running their mouths. However, I know that they heard me. When they left, they did make their kids get the chips all back onto the ground again.
Well... they "told" their kids to put them back on the ground again. Not that they listened.
After we had sufficiently wasted enough time, we went to Texas Roadhouse, and met up with everyone. I got to meet Mallory's new boyfriend and her daughter, who seemed to really like Brooke. Everyone seemed to have a good time. Jill bought one bouncy ball for Corbin, Brooke and Andrew to share, but you know how well that worked out. I had to make change anyway, so I just went and bought 2 more balls, one for each kid.
We went back to Shari's house afterwards, and the four kids played together which was nice. We gave Mallory some cash, and we pitched in money for a new porch swing for Tim's grandma, which she seemed to really like. As we were leaving, someone mentioned going to Knoebels, so it looks like we're still going to do that... I wasn't sure for a while.
After that, Lauren, Tim's cousin, mentioned that she'd like to try for us to all plan a trip to go to Washington DC next year, and visit some of the museums. She wants to maybe take a charter bus. I told her it sounds good to me, just let me know how much it's going to cost for the whole thing so that we could save up for it. While she was talking, Brooke was having a holy fit because I had told her we were getting ready to leave.
Both kids were out cold before we got into town.
Sunday was Tim's family's reunion; it was his grandma's family's reunion. I forgot all about it until somene reminded me on Saturday. So my parents came over early Sunday morning to visit with the kids. Corbin woke up with pinkeye again, so I either didn't keep him on it for long enough or it was because it slipped my mind completely to wash his bedclothes and he caught it again. Brooke had crap in her eyes this morning, too, but no pinkness, so I don't know what to think. I guess I'll just play it by eye. ;n)
I went to the store after my parents left, and I bought Triscuits, hummus, celery, carrots, and a rye bread and dill dip to bring as my dish-to-pass, since I forgot about the whole thing. The invitation said that the pool would be open, but it was so cold that morning that I didn't bother to bring suits. As it turned out, it warmed up a lot, and the kids REALLY wanted to go swimming. I felt bad. They ended up going in their underpants.
The house was really nice; she's a doctor and she does her physician work out of her home. Apparently she graduated top of her class, too, according to the plaques on her wall. Everyone was very nice. I started feeling not so great by the end, though, and everyone in Tim's family was supposed to go back to his grandma's afterwards and put together that swing. I asked to be brought home first. I was feeling better, but now, as you know, I realize it was just a stupid precursor to the main event.
The kids have been phenomenal today. They've stayed very quiet and just let me lay in my bed. I'll probably get their teeth brushed, vitamins and dressed pretty soon, but they've just been so good, I'm really happy with them today. It's nice that they behave so well, especially when I'm sick and just feel like I can't do much today.
Monday, August 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm sorry you're sick!!
ReplyDeleteIt's so hard being sick when you've still got kiddos to take care of. I'm glad they're cooperating anyway and letting you rest as much as possible!!
I'm thinking, if you're feeling better, and if in fact next weekend is not Jason's weekend with the kids (it shouldn't be, he had them this weekend), the evening of the 8th might work. Lemme know!! And we still have to decide what we're gonna do, exactly!
You are definitely one of those very few relationships :o)
Love you Amy, feel betterrrrr!!!