The kids each made her a card. Corbin wanted to write "happy birthday" to her on the front. He asked me how to spell it, and I told him to sound it out. (This is what they are teaching them in kindergarten to do, so I'm just pushing it now.) He wrote, "Hape Buthda". <3 <3 <3 On the inside, he drew a picture of my mom. The eye color is periwinkle. He likes that color. :n)
Brooke, on the front of her card, really wanted to draw a heart. She attempted one by herself, but she said it looks more like a lemon. So she asked for help. I drew a "tracing" of a heart for her, and she traced it. Then she drew a picture of a face. When she drew it, she said it was going to be LeeLoo. She drew two dots for eyes that are a little off-center. So at the end, she said, "She's going like this", and tilted her head to the side. LOL It was cute. On the inside, she drew "Nee Nee circles" (blue and black scribbles) and wrote her name by herself. This is a new thing for her. If I write it somewhere for her to look at, she can write it somewhere else on her own. She's really doing great with it! <3
I also bought my mom a "messenger" style bag. It's from AC Moore, and it's made so that you can color it yourself. The kids, of course, were the ones who colored it. They really did a great job, though!
They were sitting at the table coloring, and I made them switch sides a few times, to get a little more balance. Brooke was more about filling in the big parts, while Corbin was very details-oriented. I think the evenness came out really well.
My dad made lunch, grilled chicken and macaroni salad. It was good! Then for dinner, we went to Red Lobster.
Nee-Nee and Brooke at Red Lobster
Corbin and Dupa, the sleeveless red shirt twins
Tim and Amy.. and their nostrils.
Enjoying dinner. Corbin wasn't "into" the picture.
Nee-Nee, being sung to by the "crew" at Red Lobster
Corbin eating his ice cream in one big GULP.
Tough guys!
Sweet gals.
Me and my mom, wearing our white tank tops.
My mom like, NEVER has the people sing to her at her birthday, because she hates it so much. LOL So it was fun, just this one time. :n) She was a good sport about it. Some of the staff even wished her a happy birthday on our way out of the restaurant. I think she had a pretty nice birthday. At least I hope so. <3
Aww.. great photos and it looks like such a great birthday! I'm sure she enjoyed herself!
ReplyDelete