Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pants Purse

I was going through my closet recently, and found the largest pair of pants that I ever had to buy. They were really cute, but they are far from fitting me anymore. Like, clown pants.

The style is really cute. They are all bedazzled and faded and just really pretty. So, I had an idea. I thought that it would make a neat "symbolic" gesture to make them into a purse.

...actually more like a beach bag. lol

So I cut them off at close to the crotch, daisy-duke style, and sewed up the leg holes. Then I used the leg material, and made purse straps with them. I'm pretty pleased with how they came out. and they're a nice reminder that I can carry around with me of how much weight I've lost, and how hard I've worked. And if I ever have it on me when I'm out, and someone compliments it, I'll be able to say, "Thanks, these are the biggest pair of pants I ever wore."

So, here are the pix:


2 comments: