Monday, October 11, 2010

Brooke's Birthday Party

Tonight, we were discussing Brooke's birthday. It seemed like a logical time to ask her what she wants to do for her birthday, since it's in only 36 days!!

She decided that she wants a "balloon" themed birthday party. She doesn't want it at Chuck E Cheese, but when Corbin mentioned the Endicott McDonald's playplace, she liked that idea. So it looks like that will be our location. Which actually works out well for us, because initially she wanted to have it here, and while I was willing to accommodate the request, the house wouldn't be willing to accommodate the guest list. :n/

Since she wants a balloon-themed party, I'll buy a bajillion of those small balloons and blow them up and have them all over the floor at McDonalds. I'll also have a bunch of helium balloons for her.

She wants to invite everyone in the free world, so here's the guest list:

Child Guest List:
  1. Brooke
  2. Corbin
  3. Ryli
  4. Maiya
  5. Tessa
  6. Lauren
  7. Olivia
  8. Logan
  9. Rayce
  10. Holden
  11. Charlize
  12. Dante
  13. Lilliya
  14. Madilyn
  15. Liam
  16. Kaitlyn
  17. William
  18. Andrew
 
Adult Guest List:
  1. Amy
  2. Tim
  3. Nee-Nee
  4. Dupa
  5. Torri
  6. Paul
  7. Micky
  8. Steve
  9. Bonnie
  10. Jason
  11. Jessica
  12. Cory
  13. Kyli
  14. Kyli's man
  15. Kaitlyn's mom
  16. Keri
  17. John
  18. Bob
  19. Shari
  20. Lauren
  21. Audrey
  22. Jill
  23. Bill
  24. Becky
  25. Josh
Yipe! That's 43 people! Well, I'm going to pay for each child guest that's invited (meaning that if Kaitlyn's mom wants to bring Kaitlyn's siblings, for example, she'll have to pay for them separately), and the adults will be asked to pay for their own meals. I'll word it more nicely than that on the invitation, of course. ;n) Tim and I talked it over, and we both feel that we wouldn't be offended if our kids were invited to a McDonald's birthday party where the kids' food was paid for and we had to pay for ourselves.

Brooke wants a carrot cake for her birthday lol and she wants it shaped like a purple balloon. Easy enough! :n) She can't wait for Kaitlyn to be at her birthday party, btw. :n) She's so excited to have her verybestfriend come to her birthday. <3 <3 <3

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Sounds like fun!

    I don't think it's offending at all to ask parents to pay for their own meals.

    Is it safe to pull a gift idea from Brooke's Christmas wish list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one should be offended for being asked to pay for themselves at Mickey D's.
    I love how she is excited to have her best friend come. Kids are awesome!

    ReplyDelete