Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Brooke will go to school for half days this year.

It's official. Brooke is only doing pre-k this year, not head start. Which I'm fine with; I would have really been okay either way. It's just good to finally know so that I can somewhat plan ahead. She's going to be home with me alone for half the day (which half is yet to be determined) so I'll have to keep her entertained a lot more than now. She and Corbin spend most of their time alone together playing, to be honest, so I'll have to be more active in doing things with her. Which I'm fine with, like I said.

I got the letter in the mail today that she didn't qualify for head start because (surprise surprise!) our household income is too high. Which I figured, but it was worth a shot anyway.

Now I just need to know what time it is that she'll be going to school, so that I can plan around it. It'll either be mornings or afternoons. I'm not sure which is preferable for me, to be honest. I guess I'm hoping she'll be gone in the mornings, because that's when I work out, and I'll have to be changing things around anyway for Corbin in the morning, so it would work better for us if she's gone in the AM.

It's only June... but I'm really thinking ahead. The months go by a lot faster when you grow up, don't they? I'm trying to plan for what's next... summer trips, then school clothes, then planning around their school stuff, then Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas....

I can't believe that I'm actually thinking this far ahead, but I guess it's the nature of being an adult.

Anyway, I'm glad that she's only going to be gone half days, I think. I don't think I'm ready for my baby to leave me all day long yet....

1 comment:

  1. Time goes by too fast.
    And...If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!
    So it's good to think ahead! Besides, it will prob be less stress in the long run.

    ReplyDelete