Today is Father's Day, the holiest of days, as Homer Simpson says.
Last night we went to Red Lobster to celebrate with the in-laws. The food was good. Brooke's behavior wasn't great. She had to be taken to the car twice for screaming. Once she screamed bloody murder on the way out.
I bought Tim a new bike helmet for his gift. It's the first real "new" helmet that he's ever had. It's the same (nearly) color as his bike. It's like a shade off. But anyway, Corbin made him a pencil holder, and Brooke made him a paperclip holder for his desk at work.
We spent today at my parent's house, mostly out by the pool. Tim worked, but that's nothing new. He got out at around 11:30.
We got my dad one of those talking cards, where you can record your voice. the kids recorded themselves saying "I love you, Dupa." I also got him some flip flops, a pool heat ball, and some fish bait. Lots of dad type stuff. Nobody could top a gift of dead fish and jarred worms, right?
My mom made ribs, potato salad and corn on the cob, which was all great. I made devilled eggs and baked beans which were also pretty good, if I do say so myself.
Funny:
My mom has one of those freestanding hammocks with the umbrella over the top for shade. Corbin was sitting on it, and he said, "You know, they make hammocks out of rope that you tie to trees."
My mom said, "I know. I like this kind, though, because I like to lay by the pool. Besides, the ones you put on the trees don't have the umbrella for shade."
Corbin said, "... That's what the trees are for, Nee-Nee."
Here's your sign.... lol
It's been a long day. I was so tired this morning that I didn't do most of my workout, which is unusual for me. I'm thinking of switching it up. I usually do two TV show exercise programs in the morning, but a lot of it is cardio that I don't need, because of all of the walking that I do every day. So I think I'm going to start using dumbbells every morning instead of the shows. Hopefully I'm ready for that....
LeeLoo has a big gash on her neck from digging. I dunno what to do about it other than caring for her. It's bloody and gross. Poor girl, it obviously itches pretty bad. I guess I should be lotioning her up a lot more.
Tim's Aunt Becky and Uncle Bill gave us their old pool, which is nice. We're talking about where to put it at the moment. It's a 24' wide above-ground, 4' deep. Can't wait to get the deck around it too! :n)
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a great father's day!!
ReplyDeleteThe pool must be exciting! That's huge for an above ground, it'll be awesome to put a deck around it.
I know I already said this but I am soooooo glad you're doing this blog.
How does a playdate next week sound?!
Sounds like a good day! Except for the screaming Brooke part...lol
ReplyDelete