- I don't want it to get boring
- I don't want to start to hate it (and I was really starting to hate it)
- In order to keep progressing, you have to add more work
- to keep your body guessing you have to change it up
This morning I worked on my biceps and "back". ("Back" in quotation marks because I did like, one back exercise, simply because I only had my 3, 5 and 7 lb weights in there with me and didn't have my bench down here yet.) I also did a bunch of leg work and abs, which I plan to work on every day. (both legs and abs every day.)
That's where I am with that, so it's on the agenda for the day... make time to make my workout schedule, and also to print out some sort of poster with the basic exercises illustrated for me.
The other fitness-related item today is that I've broken that mini-plateau, which is excellent. It was frustrating, because I really was feeling craptacular, and my weight was staying the same. Not that I expect to lose a pound a day or anything like that. But an ounce or two a day when I'm working this hard would be ideal. Anyway, the brief plateau that I had has been broken, and I've officially hit exactly 30 lbs. The other day I was on the pound of the 30, but hadn't lost all of the ounces. I'm very happy about this loss. :n)
The other thing is that in the next half pound, I'll be in the next number bracket, which is very exciting!! I can't wait!! In only 10 more pounds I'll be taking another set of pictures, which I'll put up here. The other thing is that I have met the far end of my second goal, which was to lose 25-30 by my anniversary which is still over a month away. I'm really doing it! Yayyy!!
I've decided that when I go back to school (hopefully next year) I'm going to focus on finding some sort of dance classes to take. I'd like to learn some sort of hip hop or freestyle dance. I enjoy dancing, and I think it'd be awesome to learn some new moves. :n) I'm excited about that. Especially because I'll probably be required to take some form of PE, and dance would be preferable to me than most other "sports".
I guess that's it for fitness stuff at the mo'.
Onward!
Congrats Amy! I'm so happy that you made your 30 lb goal! And I think it is great that you are thinking of going back to school. Make it happen!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're switching it up to keep it fresh and exciting for yourself.
ReplyDeleteYou're doing soooooo well, sticking with it, and holy crap, THIRTY POUNDS!!!!!