Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hives, grips, and dance classes

Yup. I'm sore this morning. Ouch.

I decided to do squats and crunches, and then do a Wii bit of yoga, and the treadmill. I figured I can defiinitely do squats and crunches every day, since it was something I've been doing daily for a couple of months now, and then since I'm really sore, the yoga might actually help that. Since today is Wednesday, I usually would miss the yoga workout because I'm not home at the time I usually do it, so it works out nicely this way.

Tim woke me up early this morning because he had hives, which was weird. They were all along his inner thighs and under his belly. There were some up on his arm, too. It was definitely hives. He said they were itchy, and he noticed them when he got out of bed. I'm not sure what caused it. I did change the sheets two nights ago, but nothing happened the first night with the new sheets. Most of where the hives were located would have been covered by his boxers, so I'm more inclined to think it was something inside of his boxers, but he had worn them all day before that. I know, tmi, but it's curious. There was nothing new that we had eaten. The only somewhat different thing was that he got up at around 10 last night and got some apple crisp, and he didn't eat it with ice cream. He's non-lactose intolerant, perhaps? lol

I was thinking about the kids going to school, and how Corbin is supposed to be working on his grip. I'm thinking about buying him some of these:

They are ergonomic pencil grips. They teach kids how to hold a pencil the right way. They're a little expensive (5 for $10!) but as long as they aren't all lost (I fully expect some of them to get lost) I'm thinking it's worth it to help him not struggle with it in school. And of course Brooke will be able to use them as well.

Speaking of spending money on expensive things, I really need to get the money sent in to Kathy Hansen. Both of the kids want to do dance, and it's half price for boys. So it'd be roughly $100 for both of them to go. Tim thinks it's kind of a ripoff for the summer classes though, because it's 3 days in a row in July and 3 days in a row in August (not in sequential order, mind you, like a couple weeks apart) and that's it. So it'd be like $12 per class for both of them to attend, which I guess is expensive, but it's something that each kid is very interested in. We're sending them, though. Tim just thinks it's not worth it.

Okay, breakfast must be given and dogs must be taken out. Adios.

1 comment:

  1. How long is each class? $12 doesn't seem a lot to me per class. But then again I live in Orlando where any kids class is like $25 per class. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete