Friday, June 25, 2010

Last Game, Weight Gain, More Doors and Scouting

Last night was Corbin's last game of tee ball for the year. He did great, of course. :n) There was a bit of a fiasco with the snacks; each parent was asked to bring drinks and snacks on their scheduled night, except for us and one other set of parents. I was to bring drinks on the final night, and another set were asked to bring snacks. I really wanted to bring a snack, so I emailed the other parents and said that I'd bring the drinks, but that I also wanted to bring cupcakes, but please not to let me deter them from bringing a snack if they wanted to, also. I never heard back. So I brought gatorades and cupcakes (that were iced to look like baseballs), and another parent brought capri suns for drinks and yet another parent brought rice krispies treats for a snack. It was totally f-ed up. But anyway, it was fine, the important thing was that everyone was able to have a snack and a drink. So at the end of the game, the coach said, "The picnic that was scheduled for Saturday is now scheduled for sometime in July. I'll email you all and let you know." Tim and my parents and I were all looking at each other like, "What picnic?" We never heard anything about it. So hopefully we'll get more info on it. I'm sure Corbin would love to go.

As for my weight, I've gained a little bit. But as far as I know, it's to be expected, because I've started weight training. I'm doing almost an hour of lifting each morning now, which is significantly more than what I was doing before. So, I haven't raised my weight on my ticker, because I just don't feel like it counts, but the amount is really only a pound, so I'm confident that it'll be going back down any day now anyway. Granted, it annoys me that the scale has moved in that direction, but it's just a number. The important thing is that I'm doing the work. The other thing that annoys me, though, is the Wii Fit. It checks your weight daily, and when your weight goes up, it makes you give a "reason" why you think it went up. Guess what "reason" isn't on there? It gives you something like 8 options of things like, "late snacking, indigestion, late dinners, I don't know", but there's nothing on there to blame on "weight training". I may just write a letter to Nintendo to complain about that.

I've been thinking more about the dutch doors situation. Tara had asked me if I could use a baby gate to keep her out, but we found out quickly after we got her that she can clear the baby gate, no problem. ::rolling eyes:: So that's a no-go. But we have a door upstairs that separates the... we'll call it "gym" room from the "family" room (I use that term loosely, since nobody is ever in it.) Anyway, we don't need a door there at all. I prefer it to be open all the time, because I want the air to get to Corbin's room. The only time we close it is when we take the chance on leaving the dog out of her crate while we're gone, and don't want her to get into there. So I measured that doorway, and it's like 30", whereas the doorway where I want the dutch door is 31" or so. (I have to remeasure to make sure.) I'm thinking it's not that hard to add a little piece of wood to a door or doorway to make it fit, and with that dutch door instruction thing I found online, I bet Tim could get that little project done this weekend if I hound him about it. :n) It's a cheap solution, and I get exactly what I want (per usual.) ;n)

A while back I checked into cub scouts for Corbin, because I had no idea how old a kid had to be to join. A boy has to be in first grade (or 7 years old... I'm not sure if you have to be both or just one or the other) to join cub scouts. He has a lot of interest in doing outdoorsy stuff and he likes to learn things, so I thought it would really give him an opportunity for that kind of thing, and I don't think it's all that expensive up front to get him started. Anyway, at the time I was a little disappointed, because I didn't have him in anything, and really wanted him to be involved in something that interested him.

Well, yesterday I was thinking about Brooke, and just for kicks I looked at how old you have to be to become a girl scout. You just kind of figure it's the same age, but I looked anyway. But it isn't the same age. For girl scouts, you can be in Kindergarten. So, oddly enough, if I'm still looking into this next year, both the kids will start scouts at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment