If you were having any suspicions that I'm just being bitchy about Brooke having all of these accidents-on-purpose, hopefully this will convince you to my way of thinking.
This morning, Brooke got up (after Corbin woke her), came downstairs, and went into the bathroom. She pulled her panties down and peed all over the floor in front of the toilet, pulled them back up, and was trying to clean up the mess and wash her hands before I found out what she was doing.
Was I pissed? (pardon the pun) Umm you could say that.
I told her no sticker tonight, no TV in her room again today, and that she's never going to get to go to Chuck E Cheese. She cried. I showed her the sticker chart, and told her that I can see that she is able to go all of that time with no accidents, but that she's not going to get any further than this because she keeps going other places than in the toilet.
Of course, as always, she swears that she'll never ever ever do it again. I told her that hopefully tomorrow she'll only go in the toilet, and not in her bed, not on the floor, not in her panties, or anywhere else except the toilet, and then she'll get tv in her room again, and the sticker and she can start working on getting to Chuck E Cheese again. Not to mention the prizes along the way.
I'm not going to remain angry about this all day. I really let it ruin my mood for the day yesterday, and I refuse to do that to myself. By the end of the day, I genuinely had a splitting headache. She can do this. I know she can do this. She knows that she can do this. I just have to keep working with her.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know she can do it! And yes don't let it ruin your day... But I know how it goes!
ReplyDelete