Tuesday, July 13, 2010

This plateau has been BUSTED!

I woke up this morning and stepped on the scale per usual, and it was like, a pound and a half lighter than it has been for the past 3 weeks. Phew! I was so so happy! And that was pre-workout, so I knew I would be getting even lower after I weighed myself post-workout.

I'm not sure what it was that broke the plateau; it could have been changing up the workout routine, or it could be that I haven't had any diet soda in a few days (we ran out and I haven't bought more), or it could be that I have been making more conscious choices about eating more healthily. I remember seeing Dr. Oz on Oprah a while ago saying something like that instead of counting our calories, we should count our nutrients, because it's more helpful to our bodies that way. Of course, then he never said how many nutrients to count. Go figure. But I get what he was saying. Basically that all calories aren't created equal, and that a calorie that is all fat is still going to be converted to body fat whereas a calorie that is nutritional will be used as nutrition for the body. So that's part of why I'm trying to eat more cleanly. More being the operative word there. I'm not giving up anything, I'm just making more conscious efforts to eat healthier foods, but still continuing to have the things that I like.

The other day, I was feeling kind of down. I mentioned it to Tim, and he said that I should go shopping, since I had no balance on my Fashion Bug card. He reminded me that I told him I wanted to go try clothes on, since everything I owned was either literally falling off of me, or was really loose. He said to just go and shop.

So I did go, while Tim stayed home with the kids. The last time that I was in Fashion Bug, it was before Easter, because I saw a really cute dress that I thought that I could wear for Easter. That time, I picked up a size 16, and went into the dressing room with it. I tried it on, and I couldn't get it zipped. It may have been that the zipper was up the side, which is what I told myself. But in reality, I was more than likely just too fat for it. That was a depressing day.

So, with this in mind, I went into the store, and purposefully made my way over to the shorts. The smallest shorts that I owned were a size 14, and they were loose enough that I didn't have to undo them to get them off.

I picked up a size 12, and while I was at it, grabbed a size L shirt. (I own mostly 1x and 2x shirts.)

I got into the dressing room and took a really, really deep breath before trying the clothes on. And then they fit me!

I couldn't believe it! I mean, not like, the clothes fit but were tight. I mean, they fit like a glove!

They fit the way that clothes should fit. The pants weren't cutting me in half. The shirt wasn't showing off muffin top. They fit me the way that the size 16 clothes were fitting me a couple of months ago, except they looked wayyyy better!

To be honest, I can't remember being in a size 12. I mean, I know it happened, but I don't know how long ago it was. I do remember that before I was ever pregnant, Tim's grandma asked me what size I was (for an upcoming gift giving occasion) and I told her that I was in about a size 13. I remember it because she was adamant that a size 13 doesn't exist. And that was over 7 years ago.

So, that happened the other day, and then this happened today, and I'm just feeling really good now. Reallly realllllly good about the whole thing.

My next mini-goal is to have lost 40-45 lbs by Halloween... correction. My next mini goal was to have lost 25-30 by my anniversary, which is still 11 days away, and I've lost 33 lbs already. My next goal is to have lost 40-45 by Halloween, which is only 7 more pounds to the low end of that goal, and I have like, 16 weeks until then. I'm not going to get cocky about it, because it's obvious that if/when I hit a plateau, it could be for a while. But I'm confident that I can make that goal. And the following one is 60 by Christmas, which is very close to my ideal weight. I'm really excited, because I haven't really got any doubts that I'm going to follow through on this forever!

2 comments:

  1. Go Amy, it's your birthday!!!

    I knew you could do it girlie!!!

    I am sooo proud of you, you're doing wonderfully :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome Amy! I'm so glad you busted through that plateau! And I am one of those people that HATE trying clothes on because I feel to big for any clothes that are cute! What a wonderful feeling it must have been to fit into that size 12! Such good motivation, huh? Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete