Sunday, July 18, 2010

Five days since the last update?!

Wow, has it really been five days since I've posted a blog?

We saw Despicable Me yesterday. Both of the kids really liked it, but Brooke, especially, LOVED it. It was so funny to see her enjoy a movie so much. She laughed and laughed through the whole thing. Mainly because the minions were funny. I told them that for Halloween I'd have Tim be Gru, Corbin would be a minion, and Brooke could be the little girl who loves unicorns. They asked me who I'd be, so I said maybe I'll be the villain. It'll be cute if we actually do it. :n)

We went to Tim's Aunt Becky's birthday party at The Relief Pitcher. The food was good, and they gave us a private room, even though there were only like 12 of us. At the end of the party, I had Tim finally mention drawing names for Christmas again, and surprisingly, most everyone was down with it. His Aunt Shari said she's wanted to do it for the past few years, and Tim was like, "Yeah, so have we."

I guess when he brought it up (I was in the other room paying at the time) he said, "So, are we drawing names for Christmas this year, or what?" and his mom said, "NO!" She was the only one who was really against it. Everyone else was fine with it. So in September at Lauren's birthday, we'll draw names. I found this cool website for name-drawing, too, that I can access from my droid. It helps with drawing names. I realize that on the surface it doesn't seem like that big of a deal to draw names, but it has a lot of factors to it, like you can't have spouses buy for each other, etc. This has an option for that. So it's going to be great! I'm really excited about being able to draw names. It's going to take so much of the stress out of the holidays for me!

I've been continuing with working out steadily. I've officially lost an entire Brooke in weight. :n) Actually, more than that. Brooke weighs about 32 lbs, and I've lost 35. YAY! That means that I'm only 25 lbs away from my ultimate goal, which was initially to lose 60. Well, 60 isn't my ultimate goal per se. I'm sure that once I hit that number, I'll still want to lose a little bit more. But it's where I can see myself being really healthy looking and at that point I think it will just be modifying my body muscle, etc. I'm SO happy to be over that last plateau. It was 3 weeks of hell, I'll tell you what. :n)

My anniversary is in 6 more days. :n) Tim has July 23-25 off (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). The kids will stay with my parents. Tim says he's going to ask his grandma to keep LeeLoo, but I think we should just put her in a kennel for those days. Three whole days is a long time.

I know for sure that we're going to go to Moxie for dinner one night, we'll have a jacuzzi suite one night (probably the same night) and we're going to go see Inception one night. We'll probably do that all on Friday. On Saturday we're talking about taking a day trip to Darien Lake :n) I'm very excited! Of course I just looked at the weather for all of those days, and it's scattered thunderstorms EACH day. And just to add insult to injury, it's going to be sunny on Thursday and Monday. Blahhhhh! Maybe it'll change.... (ha ha.)

Okay, it's time for me to go to the store and pick up dinner. Tonight it's home made turkey subs. :n)

2 comments:

  1. 35 pounds, YAY!!!

    I'm glad you finally broke the plateau, I know that was frustrating you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Christmas name drawing is a great thing. Of course I don't talk to half of my family so it's not necessary now...lol. So much CHEAPER! And yes less stress trying to find the perfect gifts!
    Great job on the weight loss! You are so awesome and such an inspiration!
    Happy Early anniversary!!!! Sound like you guys will have lots of fun! I soooo want to see Inception. I heard that it is AWESOME. Any of Chris's free days we are already booked though..so who knows when we will make it!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete