Monday, December 6, 2010

drumroll, please....

This is a picture of me... YESTERDAY. In my wedding gown. :n)

I went to lunch with Micky and Melissa on Saturday, and afterwards we went to Kohls. I tried on quite a few items, and I am in about a size 8 or 9. I tried on a pair of 7's, and they were actually even a bit loose, but it was certainly just the fit of those particular jeans. The 9's are good, the 8's are okay, too, but I think I like the fit of the 9's.

Yesterday I weighed in at 140.8 lbs, and today I weighed in at...

I've reached my weight loss goal! My goal was to lose 60 lbs by Christmas, and I totally did it. :n)

I'm thinking about another 15 or so, so I'm not going into "maintenance" mode just yet. I'm just really happy to be where I'm at right now, and will continue to work out steadily as I have and just be conscious of my food choices just as I have.

I realized yesterday that, while I have been logging in to myfitnesspal.com every day, I haven't really been "utilizing" it. I write down how much I exercise, and that's pretty much it. Which means that for the past month and a half (roughly) I've been kind of flying solo! I've barely logged any food. Usually I log my breakfast, but nothing after that.

This is really good news, because it means that I don't need to use MFP as a crutch anymore; I'm just starting to naturally make the right choices, and am still able to lose weight.

SO today I booked a hotel room for me and 3 of my favorite friends (Bonnie, Micky and Torri) for December 18th, and we're going to have a girl's night out to celebrate. :n) We'll get mani/pedis, go shopping, get makeup done, have lunch, maybe see a movie, go to some clubs... just basically go out and have a GREAT time and I can't WAIT! :n) I'll need to check with my parents to make sure that they can keep the kids all day Saturday and Sunday or make sure that Tim takes that weekend off... but we're all set. (If my parents can't take the kids, I'll just have to force Tim to take the day whether he wants to or not... we've planned and talked about this for a long time now.)

Tonight, I will have Tim take my goal weight progress pictures to post here and on MFP. :n) I'm excited, because I skipped the 50 lb loss pictures, so it's been about 20 lbs since I've taken any progress pics. There's bound to be a bit of a difference. :n)

2 comments:

  1. GOOOOOO AMYYYYYY!!!!!!! Sooooo proud!!!

    Can't wait to see the progress pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you Amy. You look beautiful and even better is that I know you feel beautiful!
    Aww...my eyes are tearing up for you!
    Go you!!!!

    ReplyDelete