I finally got to have my goal weight celebration!!!
It was a really fantastic time. :n) I brought my friends Micky and Bonnie and my cousin Torri with me, and we had a "slumber party".
First we went to Tony's for lunch; but it looked like it wasn't quite open yet, so we went to the car wash. After a 30 minute wait in the car for the touch-free wash, we come to find out that the reason that the line isn't moving is that the wash is broken. Ugh! (I never did get my car washed.)
We went to Tony's and had pizza for lunch. (Tony's is my favorite pizza!)
After that, we went to Legal Nails to go get mani-pedi's done. The pedicure chairs were massage chairs :n) so that was really fun, except the way that it massaged me made me push my girls way out in front of me and then jiggled them all over the place. Not cool. Not cool.
For some reason, I kind of thought we'd have more people working on us, but it ended up basically being 2 people who did the pedicures and then a third did the manicures. Because of this, we were nearly late for our makeup appointments, but we did make it on time.
For nails, Bonnie got pink toenails with designs, and clear fingernail polish. I got red fingers and toes with snowflake designs on one finger per hand and on each of my big toes. Torri got purple toenails and purple tips on her fingers, and Micky got a beige color with holly leaf designs on two fingers and two toes.
Makeup was fun, and I think we all looked great, but I think we all probably would have been just as happy if we'd done our own makeup. Luckily it's a free service. ;n) Bonnie felt like hers was caked on, and I was surprised she didn't even wash the makeup off Micky that she had put on before she left her house (she forgot about putting on makeup.)
We shopped for a while, and I got a few really great outfits. (Size 7!!) The size 7 jeans that I was wearing that night, actually were falling off of me. I'm wearing a different pair today, and so far they seem to fit just right. Clothing sizes vary so much, it's hard to know what size you should actually be in. Especially with the smaller sizes, I'm finding. Because, you know, I'm wearing the smaller sizes now. ;n)
After that, we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner (I <3 STEAK and RIBS!) and it was sooo good. We were going to catch a movie afterwards, but it was really so close to 10PM by then that if we did, we wouldn't have been able to go to Jonathan's for karaoke afterwards, so we did that instead.
It was a pretty crowded bar, but it's a smaller place, so that's not saying much. Torri said that when she was there before, there was the same 2 people who sang pretty much the whole night; an old guy singing the classics, and a younger woman who sang a bunch of random stuff, and that both of them had decent voices, but not many others sang.
Guess what? LOL Same thing. And there was one other guy there, too, who was really talented, that sang country songs all night. He sounded professional, I was really impressed with his voice.
I sang twice, people applauded, but I didn't get any warmer reception than anyone else. But they didn't boo. haha so I guess that's something.
After a short while, we decided to go back to the hotel. We stopped at Price Chopper and picked up a peanut butter pie and some diet cherry coke, went back to the hotel and watched Comedy Central and chatted for a while, and then went to sleep.
None of us slept especially well, but part of it was because the room was BOILING HOT in the middle of the night. I woke up drenched in sweat and looked at everyone else, and not one of us had blankets left on us. I went over to the thermostat and shut the heat completely OFF. Within half an hour I saw Micky had covered up again, and then within an hour the rest of us were covered again. Holy crap, it really got ridiculously hot in there.
I got up around 8 and made coffee for anyone who wanted some, and turned on the news. We laid around just talking for a while, which was really nice; I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite thing from the weekend, but that was definitely up in the top three. Just laying around, comfy, talking.
We went to Denny's for breakfast, and then it was time to get back to reality.
Tim had texted me early in the morning to let me know that he was sick, and came home from work. He never does that, so I knew he must have been really sick. Torri got a text from her mom that Brooke was "done". I knew I'd have a messy house, a sick husband and cranky kids to deal with soon, so I made the most of my breakfast. :n)
Luckily the kids behaved, and did sleep, although not nearly as much as they usually do, so they were both a bit cranky. Tim had a fever for sure, but the thermometers we have aren't reliable (they work one time and not the next). I cleaned up a bit, fed the kids lunch, and made them nap while Tim laid in bed sleeping, so that I could run to the store for some supplies.
My weekend was great. We all agreed that we will have to do this again sometime in the New Year, maybe not to that extent, and each pay for ourselves.
This week will be busy. Today (Monday) I have a ton of cleaning and laundry to get done (I'm already avoiding it, but it's not even 9AM yet!), and then Corbin's Christmas party at school is this afternoon, so I'll be helping with that.
Tomorrow (Tuesday) morning, is Corbin's award ceremony. :n) After that, Brooke and I will be going to visit Sara, Jonah and Aryah in the morning, and then Brooke's Christmas party is in the afternoon, so I'll be there for that.
Wednesday I've decided to bake cookies, so that will be my all-day event at home, and then we'll be having dinner, I'm sure, with my parents and Nancy.
Thursday is the first day that the kids have off of school, so I may take them shopping for their dad and to Panera Bread for lunch, because Corbin has been begging to go there for over a month now. I'll also probably have them work on their gifts that day.
Friday is Christmas Eve, and Tim plans to shop for me entirely that day and wrap his gifts for me that evening. The kids will get their annual pajama's from the elves (their one present to open), and we'll get our cocoa and go look at Christmas lights and the lights at Otsinengo (Souther Tier Independence Center). I haven't decided if I want to make our family dinner on Christmas Eve or if I want to do it the Sunday after Christmas, but I do have to shop for that at some point this week, as well.
And of course Saturday is The Big Day.
Monday, December 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really did have so much fun this weekend!! I've never done anything like it before, it was a new experience and I loved it. Of course the wonderful company made it even that much better!! I look forward to doing it again sometime in the next few months!!
ReplyDeleteThis week is gonna be crazyyyy! But, like you said, Saturday is the big day, and things will calm down after that :o)
Love you, girlie!!!
XOXOXOXOX