Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Getting To Know You Christmas Edition

Feel free to reply with your own answers. ;n)

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!!......Tis the Season to be NICE!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? For Christmas gifts I always use wrapping paper, unless it's a last second thing.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial all the way! I ain't goin in no woods to chop down no tree in no 30 degree freakin weather. Are you out your damn mind?
3. When do you put up the tree? In general it's the day or the weekend after Thanksgiving, although it was slower-going this year than usual. (week after T-day)
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Eve, generally.

5. Do you like eggnog? Adore it! Especially the better brands. :n)

6. Favorite gift received as a child? It depends on the age, really. Dolls were always a big hit. But I always liked robots and computery stuff. (Sounds like a certain little boy that I just happen to parent.) ;n)

7. Hardest person to buy for? Tim's uncles.
8. Easiest person to buy for? The kids.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Nada.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I like personal, hand-mailed cards. Email cards are okay, especially interactive ones that the kids like.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One that had very little thought put into it.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I would prefer to really start in October, but it's usually not until just after Thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably... I don't remember offhand, but it's something that I would do, if I had no use for it and someone else did have.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas cookies. Because when those cookies go in the oven it's 15 minutes for some kissin' and huggin'.
16. Lights on the tree? Clear lights, not colored.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I have a lot of favorites now. The Christmas Song by Karen Carpenter is a favorite. Santa's Beard by the Beach Boys always stops me in my tracks, because it was Donnie's favorite. Last Christmas by WHAM! always makes me smile, because I can't get the image out of my head ala John Mortimer of George Michael pinching his nipples when he says "special". lol
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We get up and open presents here, then go to my parent's house and open presents there, then go to Tim's grandma's house and open presents there.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph, Olive (the other reindeer)...

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither. A great big huge snowman head.
21. Open presents on Christmas eve or morning? Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People like StePHen who act like a real a-hole when someone says "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas", because they refuse to believe that anyone else in this world have any beliefs that are meaningful to them.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like blue and gold for Christmas stuff, but with the ornaments I love that we're finally able to just have meaningful ornaments on our tree now, and no longer need to have the glass balls. <3
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? It's cheesey, but honestly I just really want everyone to have a really happy day, and to feel good.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? paper
    2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial all the way! fake
    3. When do you put up the tree? soon after Thanksgiving
    4. When do you take the tree down? about a week after Christmas
    5. Do you like eggnog? nope

    6. Favorite gift received as a child? American Girl doll Samantha when I was about 9

    7. Hardest person to buy for? my dad and stepmom
    8. Easiest person to buy for? The kids.
    9. Do you have a nativity scene? nope
    10. Mail or email Christmas cards? snail mail
    11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? can't think of anything bad that stands out
    12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Polar Express

    13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? if I could manage, I would like to start shopping as soon as I'm done with back-to-school shopping
    14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yep. Nothing wrong with that!
    15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I don't have a particular favorite Christmas food
    16. Lights on the tree? Clear lights

    17. Favorite Christmas song? I love allllll of them, I love Christmas music, it drives my family nuts
    18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home Christmas day except to take the boys home after they open presents. Usually we go to Waverly Christmas Eve and Albany within a few days after Christmas
    19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? now I can because I just read your answer :o) Normally, probably now

    20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Anthony's bronze star
    21. Open presents on Christmas eve or morning? Christmas morning.

    22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? this is going to sound terrible, but I can't stand all the people who act all holier than thou because they don't exchange gifts because Christmas is about Christ, who think exchanging gifts is like blasphemy or something. For me, Christmas is about the gifts, the togetherness, the kids' excitement.
    23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like gold ornaments because they look so sparkly with the white lights... but like you, mostly I adore the special ornaments that have a story or a meaning or were handmade
    25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I like your answer :o) If the kids are thrilled with their gifts and we can all have an awesome day, that's gift enough. If I had to pick something I really want for Christmas, though, it would be a hanging star lamp.

    ReplyDelete