Everyone is finally starting to feel better around here. Corbin really showed that he was feeling much better by last night, and this morning he was his old self again. I was starting to worry, so I did call the pediatricians office yesterday afternoon, just to find out if I was doing all of the right things or if I should be bringing him in.
I talked to the receptionist, and she really listened carefully. She basically said exactly what I thought, which was that I was doing the right things, basically to try to make him comfortable as possible, and if he doesn't have a fever or doesn't seem to be getting dehydrated, he'll be fine. She said that I was right that they really won't do anything for this stomach bug, but that it is going around right now. She said push fluids and rest.
My main concern was the amount of time that it had been going on for, but I told her that the fever started on Thursday, and she wasn't really concerned. I told her that I talked to his class aide yesterday, and that the aide (Mr. Stevens) said that he really barely touched his lunch, even his ice cream, and she actually said that they don't care too much about if they are eating, as long as they are continuing to drink. Which is the other thing that the aide said, which was that he did drink his whole juice box.
At any rate, Corbin is finally feeling healthy again. Especially this morning. Which is a relief.
Brooke is feeling better too. She's still runny, but her voice is sounding far less hoarse, and her cough has tamed down quite a bit.
Now if we could just stay healthy for a while, I'd be good with that.....
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad everyone is feeling better!!
ReplyDeleteSending healthy thoughts your way!