Thursday, November 4, 2010

Bought the Leapster Explorer!

I bought Brooke's Leapster Explorer today!

I figured I'd buy hers this week and maybe Corbin's next week. I have to get his purchased in the next couple of weeks while they are still on sale. I was in a rush to get as much as I could for this Explorer because they are having sales at Toys R Us. I couldn't find sale prices online at Target (thanks though, Tara, for the info!) but I did find at TRU which I had just gotten a coupon for $15 off of a $150 purchase. With everything that I had planned to buy today there, I knew I could easily get the purchase to $150.

I bought the pink Explorer (that's why I bought hers this week; I'm certain that they'll run out of pink before they run out of the original green), a purse for it, the Disney Princesses game, and the Tangled game. I asked about rechargeable batteries and would you believe that they don't sell them?? WTF?

So I'll have to buy those at KMart, where I know that they sell them (because that's where I bought my last digital camera from, and also bought batteries at that time). I looked for the Explorer Charger, but I didn't see it and forgot to ask by the time I was speaking to someone. I don't really think that the charger itself is necessary, as long as I have enough batteries. I have a charger, and they take AA, and that's the size my charger is anyway.

Now I just have to shop for her actual birthday. I keep sort of forgetting that I have to buy presents for that, too. I've been so focused on presents for Christmas.

No time, no time. I have to get ready to make dinner now. Tonight I'm making creamed chipped beef over English muffins and home fries with green beans on the side. I wasn't sure what you are supposed to actually make with chipped beef. I've only ever had it on toast and I think it was more of a lunch when I had it, so I didn't have it as a "side". I guess it's kind of a breakfast thing, but whatever. It works for dinner. I'm making it from scratch for the first time.

Speaking of that, Nee-Nee, you know that gravy shaker thingy that you have? The cup with a shaker lid on it? I'd like one of those for Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE CHIPPED BEEF ON TOAST!!! Omg I haven't had it in forever. I am totally putting that on my meal plan next week. BTW..its also good over mashed potatoes!
    Yay for getting the leapster! I prob am going to be doing most of my shopping at toys r us...ugh xmas is so expensive!!!!

    ReplyDelete