I have a lot of stuff to talk about, but I'm not sure how much I'll get down right at the moment.
Brooke's birthday party was a success. I didn't get around to ANY balloon animals OR face painting, because the whole thing was soooo rushed! But she was happy with it. She fell asleep on the way home, and didn't even wake up when I took her out of the car to carry her in. It was THAT much of a party for her. LOL
My only complaint was that it was too rushed.
Lots of guests showed up, and the kids had so much fun playing. I'd definitely do it again, but if I had my druther's I'd do it with less kids.
Let's see... we adopted a family from Mix 103.3. It's a single dad and his 3 year old daughter. I've been wanting to do something like this for a couple of years, so it was nice to actually sign up for it. The dad is Tim's clothes size, and the little girl is Brooke's age. She likes the same things as Brooke, like Dora and Tinkerbell. I think that I'm going to try to buy double of all of a lot of the stuff that I get for Brooke, and I'll get some clothes for the dad. I'm thining of making cookies (if I can figure out how to bake cookies in my oven that won't scorch on the bottom) for them, also. The one thing that I don't like is that they want all of the gifts to be to their office by December 10. They only just started announcing them the other day, so that's not very much time. But it's doable. I just wish I'd had more time.
Yesterday we had Thanksgiving (I started this blog yesterday) at my parents house first, then at Tim's grandma's house. The food was all great, it was nicely spaced out so that one was for lunch and one was for dinner. My parent's house was a very small Thanksgiving. All of us and my grandma. It was nice, though. The turkey was moist and delicious. :n)
Tim's grandma's house was nice; the kids had a lot of fun playing downstairs together.
The only thing that sucked about yesterday is that the kids and I have colds, and I have this gross cough that has been nagging at me for a while, and it's been nagging and unproductive. I started Mucinex yesterday morning and it's finally starting to be more productive. I'm feeling better today finally.
I haven't been sleeping well due to the cough, and because of that, I woke up around midnightish last night and figured I'd go have a drive to Old Navy for the Black Friday sale. The streets were empty; what you'd expect for 1AM on any given night. The parking lot was ridiculous; I ended up parking where the employees park. The door; they were letting people in like for a roller coaster; "Is there any single person wanting to go in?"
I went in and the line... omg the line was crazy. Facing the store, all the way from the right of the store to the center of the store, and then all the way from the center of the store to the back of the store, and then all the way from the back of the store center to the left of the store.
It reminded me of the line to get in to the Green Day concert. IT WAS INSANE.
SOME of the sales were good; like 50% off. But some of it was only like 35% off. IF you were going to be there for just the 50% off stuff, it may have been a good idea to be there if you weren't sick and there on a whim in the middle of the night.
I left empty handed less than 10 minutes after I went into the store.
So today I got the kids around and went to Price Chopper and bought the stuff for our dinner. I am currently baking a full ham (15 lbs) and it should be done around 3 or 4.
We also stopped at Our Country Hearts and I picked up our annual ornaments. I got a little black stocking with coal in it for Tim, that says "Naughty". :n) I got myself a snowman one. I got Corbin a baseball and mitt (I didn't realize they were all Red Sox or Yankees; I got the Yankees one for him) since it was his first year doing Tee Ball, and I got Brooke a ballerina since she did ballet this year. Brooke insisted that I get LeeLoo an ornament, so I bought her a dog ornament with a santa hat on it.
The kids really want to decorate the house for Christmas. I'm not sure if I'm up to it today; I do like to get the decorations up the day after Thanksgiving. But I'm still not feeling great, and my ribs/lungs hurt from coughing so much. IDK we'll see, maybe tonight.
I bought Tim a plasma TV for his birthday. :n) he has been eyeballing them every time we go into Sears. I got him a 42" plasma flat screen. I thought he'd want to hang it on the wall but it seems like he doesn't want to do that now. I gave it to him early because I wouldn't have been able to get it out of the car myself. Only 2 more days until his actual birthday.
Okay, that's it for the moment. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Friday, November 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yayyyy for adopting a Christmas family!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope I can help someone out more than a little at some point. I try to do what I can.
Having been at the receiving end of the same help, I know how much it is appreciated!!
Yeahhhh the black friday shopping was nuts. I tried to do TRU Thursday night, came straight home! I went back earlier today, it was crowded and they were out of most of the stuff they had on sale :o( But I got some decent deals anyway.
I'm excited for Tim about his new TV!! That's awesome! I hope he appreciates you (and I get first dibs if he doesn't ;o)
Hope you keep feeling better and better mama!
Love youuuu!!!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXXXXXXO